Friday, September 1, 2017

Fun Fact Friday # 1 - Adjunct Duty


I thought it would be fun to start a “FUN FACT FRIDAY”
So many of you youngsters and newbies don’t know the history of Bonita High School…Since I go back to 1982, I am going to start.  I am hoping others will follow my lead.
Only 1 fact per Friday…cuz this is going to happen all year long…
MY FUN FACT FOR THIS WONDERFUL SEPTEMBER 1, 2017
       Back when I started teaching at Bonita in 1986, teachers had “adjunct duty” which meant you were required to put in a certain number of hours each year.  It could be to supervise at plays, or games or dances, etc.  Off the access road by the cafeteria/teacher’s lounge (where the bins are located), there was an actual “smoking area” designated to the students.  (the teachers had one too but it was inside the building).  The student smoking area was fenced in and they entered through a gate as I recall.  I had to supervise.  Needless to say, that was the worst job I could have been assigned to.  The good thing was that because I was coaching three sports and GAA adviser, I only had 10 total hours of duty for the year.
So, that, my friends is my fun fact.  I hope you will participate, as I am sure there are lots of facts even us oldsters aren’t aware of… 
I already have my fact for next Friday…J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Fact Friday # 24 - Therapy Dogs

The fact:  All dogs who tested Saturday passed…the CGC and TDI…I want to thank all of you for allowing the therapy dogs in your classro...